32 Inspiring quotes by Abraham Lincoln that will chage your perception about world.




Abraham Lincoln the 16th president of United States of America is well known for his work to end slavery. Lincoln took charge as a president in critical times of his country and led it in a inspiring way. Lincoln letters and speeches are very famous.




Abraham Lincoln quotes by PositiveDiversion.blogspot.com
From childhood to the nations highest chair Lincoln did several jobs like shop keeping, postmaster, lawyer etc., Even after several failures the way he crossed the difficult situation in his life will be always inspiring young generations. One such example which led to the name "Honest Abe" after he ran miles to give a customer the right amount of change. Here are the 32 inspirational quotes by Abraham Lincoln that are much required for any individual who is trying to get motivated and inspired daily.




  1. " In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."
  2. "Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm."
  3. "Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other."
  4. "You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today."
  5. "Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing."
  6. "Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be."
  7. "I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, and stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong."
  8. "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
  9. "Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
  10. "No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar."
  11. "Whatever you are, be a good one."
  12. "The philosophy of the school room in one generation will be the philosophy of government in the next."
  13. "I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life."
  14. "You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."
  15. "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
  16. "No man is good enough to govern another man without the other's consent."
  17. "As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master. This expresses my idea of democracy."
  18. "I walk slowly, but I never walk backward."
  19. "Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle."
  20. "You are ambitious, which, within reasonable bounds, does good rather than harm."
  21. "Leave nothing for tomorrow which can be done today."
  22. "If I am killed, I can die but once; but to live in constant dread of it, is to die over and over again."
  23. "Human action can be modified to some extent, but human nature cannot be changed."
  24. "Love is the chain to lock a child to its parent."
  25. "When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. And that's my religion."
  26. "Property is the fruit of labor; property is desirable; it is a positive good in the world."
  27. "Freedom is the last, best hope of earth."
  28. "We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it."
  29. "I laugh because I must not cry. That is all. That is all."
  30. "I am not concerned that you have fallen -- I am concerned that you arise."
  31. "I don't like that man. I'm going to have to get to know him better."
  32. "The best thing about the future is that it comes only one day at a time."

Buy Abraham Lincoln books from

Flipkart

Amazon



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The man who found solace in the banana fields.

Who Am I?