The man who found solace in the banana fields.

 It was a pleasant day, the orange sun hiding behind the concrete apartments rises and I woke up in the morning to see my alarm buzzing at 5:00 AM and recollected that I have to go GYM, while doing workouts I thought about improvising myself day by day. Suddenly I recollected that, a pending assignment from office should be submitted on that day itself. After the exhaustive workout session I rushed to home for completing the assignment. While preparing the draft I saw the clock and concluded that it was not possible to do breakfast and left for work with empty stomach.



While I was in office, my day started with a new challenge, I was allotted a big project and I also needed to submit the previous project reports in swift mode. By the end of lunch session I rushed to attend the important call from my manager. Next came the meeting and tea break. After that I was running behind the time to complete the pending work before leaving the office. When I left the office and was on the road, the kilometer long traffic welcomed me with an evil smile. I successfully crossed that hurdle only to remember that I forgot to bring vegetables that my mother asked for. Finally I reached home after the energy draining day. I bathed and got refreshed to prepare for honing my skills
By the time it was around 11:00 pm, I resorted to sleep after dinner. But my drowsy mind started thinking about the life I was living. My desire and commitment to provide a better life for my family who were living a village makes it impossible to sleep. Then came the scenic beauty of my village into my mind. The weather, greenery, relatives and friends brought a smile on my face. I slowly went into the dream.

It was 5:00 Am in the morning; my father was calling me to wake up. I woke up a little late after 5:30 AM on the terrace and resort to fresh up. My mother served hot coffee to me and my granny engaged herself in cooking the food. I accompanied my father to the farm for work at 6:30 AM on a two wheeler.



I reached the field and observed the dew on the banana leaves while watering the plants. The farm was so quite that the water dripping near the plants was audible in a rhythm. I can hear my own breathing inline with the water dripping sound. My father was busy in checking the water supply at each plant; meanwhile I was planting the new plants in place of dead ones. By the end of 8:30 AM I came back to home for breakfast. After the breakfast I got ready to go another farm where ploughing was going on with oxen in a traditional way.



I was amazed by the quantum of work done by those two oxen, and there was an emotional bond between the farmer and oxen. By looking into their eyes I can feel the compassion and kindness overflowed from my body. Soon after that it was time for lunch. Unlike my canteen here in my home I was eating with a sense of content. An hour later feeling sultriness I went to local canal with my cousins for swimming and had a great time. It was our kind of recreation and hanging out. By swimming we tired a lot and went to nearby village for some food and soft drinks. Mean while my granny went to the farm to fetch some fresh spinach and other vegetables for cooking.



In the evening, generally people gather to talk about the nature of work that was going in their farms, village and other personal issues. I felt that was so good when compared to the present day social media sites. A little after sometime we had dinner and planned the work for next day. Finally we resorted to sleep on the terrace of my house under the blanket of billions of stars in the vast universe.


Suddenly the alarm buzzed at 5:00 AM and I woke up from my dream to go GYM .


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Even I saw your feed on the village life Suresh, it's quite impressive. 👌👍

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Who Am I?